New Year's Resolutions

This year I have some home goals as well as personal goals. First off, the home goals. My number one goal is to complete the projects that I have started, and of course, not finished.

1. Paint the trim in the living room - This room was painted a couple of years ago, and I never finished it.... The trim needs painting. But painting trim is not fun, is it? So, I have put it off, and then started more projects (which are not finished yet); it is a never ending cycle really......

2. Make the drapes for my daughter's room - My daughter moved to a new bedroom this summer. The room was painted and fancied up, all to her specifications, meaning pink walls! We also bought some storage for toys and books, I painted a picture for above her bed, and bought a bolt of fabric to make drapes. I had never made drapes before, so I decided to make some for the kitchen first, with cheaper fabric, so I could figure out what I was doing. It actually wasn't all that hard. The most time consuing part was all of the ironing of the seams and the pinning! So, now that I know what to do, and holidays and vacation are over, I can focus on this task!

3. Paint the Family Room and Make Window Treatments - My family room is vintage 1979. I love this house, but there are some things that had not been updated over time that should have been. I have tried to love the paneling in the family room, really I have. Mostly because my husband was not 100% onboard with painting it, and I knew it would be a huge job. BUT, I painted a kitchen, and I think that was likely more work. The room has no light in the evening with the walls being so dark. I want to lighten and brighten it up! And my kids are complaining that there is too much window light on the TV when they are trying to play the xbox. So, drapes in this room are also a must.

In reality, this is likely all that I will get done this year. However, I really want to paint and make drapes for my dining room, and the master bedroom. We'll see if I can accomplish more than what I am planning! Stranger things have happened!

As for personal goals, I have the usual, exercise and eat healthier. My other personal goals are to learn to roast a chicken, learn to put on makeup (I have been wearing the same eyeliner and mascara look since high school), and plan meals for the week. And lastly, send all of my friends and family a birthday card, on their birthday!

This ought to keep me pretty busy :-)

Comments

Popular Posts